About the Transaction
Custom Foods is formulator, manufacturer, processor and packer of blended dry mix food products. Since acquiring the company in 1994, Paul Nelson, President of Custom Foods and a 20-year veteran of the industry, has transformed the Company from a contract manufacturer to a one-stop shop for R&D, formulation and manufacturing of blended products.
Custom Foods is passionate about the details; manufacturing, quality control, brand image, accountability and customer service. Custom Foods aims to supply its customer with a quality product at a perfect price. In addition to being an OU Kosher manufacturing facility, Organic Certified facility and a Licensed Milk Products Dairy plant, the Company has achieved numerous certifications to meet the growing desires of customers, including non-GMO, USDA organic, gluten-free, and 100% natural certifications.
Custom Foods’ true competitive edge lies in its excellent in-house research and development capabilities. With an extensive library of over 2,000 dry mix formulations, the Company offers wholesale distributors, food markets, retailers, restaurant chains, specialty shops, national brand companies and warehouse store operators the opportunity for product development. Management is committed to providing its customers with a premium product and quality service.
- Custom Foods Inc. (“Custom Foods” or the “Company”) is a Santa Fe Springs, CA based formulator, manufacturer, processor and packer of blended dry mix food products
- Envisage acted as the exclusive financial advisor and sole placement agent on the acquisition of two companies in its industry
- The acquisition of the two companies needed to occur simultaneously. Acquisitions did not have reviewed financials
- Compressed deal timeline
- Through a targeted process, Envisage identified a universe of potential investors which understood the industry and could close a transaction expeditiously
- Dual tracked both acquisition processes as well as a debt and equity financing
- Took a significant role in soliciting term sheets and managing and resolving due diligence issues
- Worked with stakeholders to create deal structure that provided Company with flexibility to achieve growth targets
- Successfully structured and negotiated the transaction within compressed timeframe
Still Have Questions?
Please contact Leo Fernandez if you would like to discuss this transaction.